Unit 10 Ifyou go to the party, you’ll have a great time!
Ⅰ. The analysis of the teaching material
This lesson is a reading passage which focused on the topic of sharing your problems with others when you have worries.The students will learn that it’s normal to have trouble. Talking to someonecan help a lot. Such a topic is related to our daily life, so it is easy toarouse the students’ learning interest.
a. Students can master the usage of the keywords and phrases: teenager, normal, unless, mistake, angry, careful, careless,in half, keep…to oneself, etc.
b. Students can understand the main idea ofthe article.
a. Students can use the proper reading skillssuch as anticipating, skimming, scanning to achieve the reading tasks.
b.Studentscan use the new words and phrase to finish the exercise.
a. To develop the spirit of cooperationthrough teamwork and pair-discussion.
b. To arouse students’ interest in Englishlearning.
c. To help students get the proper ways tosolve problems.
Key and difficult points:
a. To master the usageof the key words and phrases.
b. To use the properreading skills to achieve the reading tasks.
Enable students to use the new words andphrases to express their ideas in daily life.
Ⅱ. Theanalysis of students
The Students have been learning English forsome years. They understand some words and simple sentences. They are curiousand active. They enjoy learning through cooperation in a relaxing atmosphere. However,their English learning levels are different from each other. Most of them don’thave enough English to express what to do when they have problems. They need theteacher’s help and encouragement in their further study.
Ⅲ. Teaching methods
In this lesson, I will use audio-visualteaching method, communicative teaching method and task-based teaching method.Besides, (www.fwsir.Com)multimedia, blackboard, tape recorder are needed as the teaching aids.
Ⅳ. Teaching procedures
Step 1 Warming-up （5 minutes）
Play a video. Students watch it and talk about thefollowing questions:
What kind of things do they worry about?
What will you do if you have the same problem?
Step 2 Pre-reading （8 minutes）
1. Show some funny pictures and sentences onPPT. Lead students to guess the meaning of the new words. Learn the new wordsand phrases.
2. According to the picture on the textbook,ask students to predict the main idea of the passage.
Step 3 While-reading （18 minutes）
1. Skim the passage quickly and choose the main idea（a, b or c）。
2. Scan the article and find the answers to the questionsin 2c in pairs.
3. Read carefully and finish the mind map.
Students these days often have_______ with their_____ and ______.
Some people believe_________________________________.
At first, she______________________________.
In the end, she____________ and her parents______________.
and her parents______.
Robert Hunt feels the same way as Laura.
It’s best not to______________________________.
The first step is to___________________________.
In English, we say that _______________________.
Step 4 Post-reading （10 minutes）
1. Solve difficulties in groups. Just now students metsome difficult points while reading. Now they can work them out in groups. The Teacher will help to solve the problem that they can’t solve by themselves.
2. Finish 2 tasks.
Task 1: Fill in the blanks with the new words andphrases.
Task 2: Make a survey. Let each student ask 2-3 groupmembers some questions and take note of their answers. Then make a report.（Students can use the mind map to finish this task. ）
Step5 Summing up （3minutes）
Ask students to summarize what they have learned in this class. And the teacher will complete what the students summary.
Step 6 Homework （1 minute）
Level A: Choose 10words and phrase to make your own sentences.
Level B: Complete your report and write it down.
Ⅴ. Blackboard designing
I will divide the blackboard into 3 parts:
Unit 10 If you go to the party, you’ll have a great time!
key words and phrases
key sentence structures
mistake, careful, careless, understanding, unless, in half, keep… to oneself
If …， they will…
It is best （not） to do sth.
Unless… , I will…
时间： 2014-04-16 栏目： 八年级英语教案
- Teaching procedure of SBII B Unit17.
- Teaching plan for L86-87 Unit 22
- Teaching plan for Honesty.
- Lesson 80教学设计示例
- Mainly revision Lesson 80教学设计示例
- The second period of Unit 13
- Teaching procedure 1B U24 Lesson94
- Do you have an eraser? Lesson 88教学设计
- Mainly revision Lesson 78教学设计示例
- Mainly revision Lesson 79教学设计示例