高一新教材温州市说课组：鲍艳华 吴爱武 朱婷婷 郑允贤
单词：理解、内化、运用以下生词：seismograph; iceberg; King Tut; // roar; fright; crack; // bookworm; couch potato; workaholic;// Buddha; agent等，扫除听读障碍，重点掌握一些传神动词：advance; seize; sweep; swallow; drag; pull; flow; shake; strike; struggle等。
词组：get on one’s feet; tree after tree
读：Scanning, skimming, careful reading, generalization; inference等阅读微技能训练。
写： 能运用First, Next, Then, Finally简要且富有逻辑地描写自己的一次难忘经历。
重点：1. 课文中出现的重要动词,如:advance, seize, sweep, swallow, strike, struggle, drag, flow, shake, 及词组 get on one’s feet, pull oneself, tree after tree etc.
2. 用关系代词who, that, whom, whose等引导的定语从句 .
3. 用副词 first, next, then, finally 来描述一场难忘的经历.
Period I warming up and listening
A. Warming up :
Task 1 Matching competition (group work)
Column A Column B
1、 Fu Jian Province a、a cartoon maker
2、 San Francisco b、the electric lamp
3、 Alexander Bell c、the first telephone
4、 Thomas Edison d、earthquake
5、 Albert Einstein e、typhoon
6、 Walt Disney f、the Theory of Relativity
Question: Why do you think so ?
Task2: Looking at the following pictures, find out the answers to the questions:
1) Do you know who or what they are ?
2) What made them unforgettable?
3) Can you describe each picture using one sentence( with the help of the words under the picture)
Task 3: Let the students describe each picture with Attributive Clause.
eg: Zhang Heng is the man who made the earliest seismograph in 132.
Task１: Before listening , let the Ss guess the possible answers to the following questions according to the situation: (group work)
1) When did the earthquake happen?
2) Where was the man driving when it happen?
3) What was he going to do?
Task 2: Listening to the tape to get the correct answers to the above questions.(for the first time)
Task 3: Listening to the tape to put the following into the right order.
( ) 1. I stopped the car and at the same time the road fell onto the cars in front of me.
( ) 2. I was hungry so I started to eat one.
( ) 3. I saw the cars in front of me start to move from side to side.
( ) 4. I had finished work and then gone to the Post Office.
( ) 5. I slowed down ,then my car started to shake.
( ) 6. I stopped off at a shop in order to get some fresh fruit.
( ) 7. I drove even slower, then the road above started to fall down.
Task 4: Letting the Ss listen to the tape again, then try to retell the story simply, using their own words.
Task 5 : Discussion (Group work)
What would happen to Hank Stram finally?
Listening (Part 2)
Task1: Listening to the second part to choose the best choices(for the first time)
1. Which part of his body hurt badly?( C )
A. The bottom parts of his legs
B. The bottom parts of his hands.
C. The bottom parts of his legs and feet.
2. What could he hear below him?( B )
A. Nothing B. Shouts and noise C. The noise of cars
3. How long had he been in the car?( A)
A.14 hours B. 40 hours C.4 hours
Task 2: Listening to the tape again to write the words in the spaces.
1. I ________ myself in the dark.
2. Then I remembered what______.
3. It was clear to me now that I ______ in an earthquake.
4. Then I ________ people________ towards me.
5. A team of people______ to see if anyone _____ under the broken road.
Task 3: Discussion
What made him survive in such a terrible accident?
Period 2 Speaking
本课着重培养学生‘说’的技能, 通过复习、学生自我介绍、解说图片、自编对话等手段来巩固定语从句中指人的关系代词who or whose 的用法，达到能有条理地描述个人体验和表达个人的见解和想象、能传递信息并就熟悉的话题表达看法、能用英语进行语言实践活动。它的掌握是一个很好的过渡阶段―――进入‘读’和‘写’的技能训练．
Pre-task: 活跃学生用英语交流的思维, 通过复习引出本课的重点---定语从句中指人的关系代词who or whose 的用法 。
Activity 1. Revision
Task: Talking about Hank Stram and his unforgettable experience.
Ask some Ss some questions about Hank Stram and his unforgettable experience first, then write down two sentences on the Bb:
1. A man whose name was Hank Stram was caught in the earthquake on October 17th , 1989 in San Francisco.
2. Hank Stram was a lucky man who was rescued after he had been in his car for 14 hours.
２、通过复习引出本课的重点---定语从句中指人的关系代词who or whose 的用法 。
Activity 2 Chain Games (Group work)
Task: Introduction Guess
As the Ss don’t know each other very well in the same class when learning this unit, let one of the group introduce others in his group to let the other groups to guess, the introduction must be a sentence, using the Attributive Clause—who or whose
(Game Rule: Each introduction will only be guessed once ,if no one get the answer, the introducer should declare the student’s name.)
Activity 1. Describing the pictures ( group work)
Task1: Describing the pictures in the book----Pictrue1、Picture5、 Picture6、 Picture3 ( group leaders report, using who or whose)
Task 2: Describing some pictures about the natural disasters, such as Fire、Earthquake、Typhoon and Flood.
( In task 1, after the student finish talking about Picture 3---- Betty’s parents have been married for more than 25 years who live in New York, their hobby is watching TV. The teacher ask the Ss : “Do you want to know what they like to watch best?” Then present the pictures about the natural disasters. )
Activity 2. Creating dialogues (pair work)
Task: Each pair choose two of the pictures and create their own dialogues.
（using at least one Attributive Clause）
Activity 3. Enjoying the video
This video is about the most terrible disaster this year----SARS, some doctors are treating patients, struggling against SARS)
Task 1: To enjoy the video, finding out something that moved you deeply.
Task 2: Interviewing--- group work( suppose one is the doctor, the others are going to interview him)
Activity : Act out dialogues
Period 3 &4 Reading
1) Before she could move, she heard a great noise, which grew to a terrible roar.
2) She looked at Jeff who waved his arms.
3) There she saw big mass of water that was quickly advancing towards her.
4) Flora, whose beautiful hair and dress were all cold and wet, started crying.
A. Warming up:
Task 1：Talking about natural disasters
1. What natural dters did you talk about yesterday? Do you know some others?
2. Have you ever experienced one of these disasters? Can you describe what it was like and how you felt?
Task 2: Looking and guessing:
1. What can you see in the picture?
2. What happened to them finally?
3. What words will you use to describe this disaster?
C. Fast reading
Questions：1.What natural disaster did Flora and Jeff suffered? (Flood)
2. What rescued them? (Chimney)
D. Careful reading
Task 3: Dividing the whole passage according to the change of the places.
Para 1：In the garden
Para2：On the way to the house
Para3：Inside the house
Task 4: Imagination
Question 1：What was the house like? ( B )
A、a flat B、a house with two floors
Question 2：What words support your idea?
Task 5 :Reading for the second time and finish the following diagram
places flood reaction feelings
Task 6 Imaging the end of the story
E. Practice for understanding and word study
Task 7、Retelling the story according to the diagram:
Task : Discussion.
1、 Will the disaster change Flora and Jeff’s life? How?
Expanded reading: The Day That Changed My Generation
Read the material and do some exercises.
Date： Unit ( ) Lesson( ) General idea： Contents： Comment： 板书设计
Unit 4 Unforgettable experiences places flood reaction feeling first in the garden roar, advance wave, shout run surprised puzzled next on the way to the house sweep, swallow, flow seize, drag , go down, open, pull ,look into, hold, struggle frightened then inside the house strike move up destroy climb, cry hopeful
F V I F S E I Z E M OFYKHNGYOJ HIDRAGDPTX YFENKICUBS TSSIEBFLOW ASTRUGGLEA KERRABNVQL JZOFIHYNPL BXYZOKCGTO ADVANCEFIW F V I F S E I Z E M OFYKHNGYOJ HIDRAGDPTX YFENKICUBS TSSIEBFLOW ASTRUGGLEA KERRABNVQL JZOFIHYNPL BXYZOKCGTO ADVANCEFIW
F V I F S E I Z E M OFYKHNGYOJ HIDRAGDPTX YFENKICUBS TSSIEBFLOW ASTRUGGLEA KERRABNVQL JZOFIHYNPL BXYZOKCGTO ADVANCEFIW
Period 5 Language study & Grammar(half period)
Task 1. Word puzzle I. Find out ten words that describe the flood and fighting against the flood in the puzzle. One of them has been found out.
Task 2. Words in different situations
Word study about “advance” and “strike” (individual work)
Judge the different meanings of “advance” or “strike” in the following sentences:
1.The hunter advanced toward the bear carefully.
2.A month has passed but the project has not advanced.
3.He worked so well that his boss advanced him to a higher position.
4.The date of the meeting was advanced from June 10 to June 3.
5.The boy struck the pig with a stick.
6.The workers were striking for higher pay.
7.Typhoon Swan struck Hainan, killing 20 people.
8.On New Year’s Eve, we waited for the clock to strike.
Task 3. Finish the exercises in the text.
Task 4. Talking about people and things, using Attributive Clause
First, let students find out some words about things quickly like clock, homework, coat, chocolate, bag, flood, fire, etc from the exercise of word study and describe them as the following example: (pair work)
A clock is a machine that/which tells time.
Second, let students find out some words about persons quickly such as teacher,
parents, doctor, mother, child, soldier and thief and describe them like this: (pair work)
A teacher is a person who/that teaches you how to learn.
Third, finish Exercise 2 of Grammar orally. (individual work)
Task 5 . Expanded reading
1.Read the following passage about fire and find out the Attributive Clauses in it and try to understand the use of the relative pronouns. (individual work)
2. Reading comprehension
Task 6. Finish Exercise 1 of Grammar. (individual work)
Preview the next reading material and find out the Attributive Clauses with who, whom, that, which, whose, where and the linking words and and but.
Period 6 Writing & assessment(1.5 periods)
学生通过学习一篇四川之行的游记范文，能根据写作步骤提示，用First, Next, Then, Finally组织材料写一篇自己亲身游记（unforgettable trip），并能写出一两个含定语从句的句子。
Activity 1. remind of the unforgettable experiences
In our daily, many things are unforgettable. They are worth writing down. For example, (显示画面)a disaster; a war; a match; a speech; a film; a famous person; a talk with somebody; a trip; etc.
Activity 2. travel around our country.
For me, going on a trip is really unforgettable because it is exciting and there are a lot to see in our motherland. Look at the pictures and guess where it is.
Beijing; *The Great Wall; *Mount Huangshan *Mountain Emei; *Hainang Seaside; etc. (Or local places of interests.)
Activity 3. A trip to Sichuan
During the first week of May, the three boys went on a holiday to Sichuan. Read and find what made the writer unforgettable. (Buddha in Leshan; Monkeys on Mount Emei.)
Read again and answer the following questions:
1. Why did they choose to go to Leshan and Emei?
2. How did they get to the top of the mountains?
3. What did they do before the trip?(First, Next )
4. What did they see and do on Leshan?
5. What did they see and do on Mount Emei?
Pair work: Retell the trip to Sichuan, with the help of the following:
During the first week of May I went on a holiday to Sichuan. First….Next….
The next day…Leshan
The next morning …Emei
Task-cycle： M-M-C practice ① mechanical practice
Find the sentence with the following meaning:
② meaningful practice
围绕Unforgettable trip主题用which; whose; where等造句。
③ communicative practice
1. First, students quickly write down 20 short sentences about their trip, with the help of questions in the text.
2. Next, students try to put the sentences in order, using “First, Next, Then, Finally”
3. Then, students write the story, using linking words and relative pronouns.
Post-task：作文展示、交流评价（同伴评价，课堂集体评价，教师评价） 同伴评价实际上是合作形学习的一种形式，其重要理论基础就是考卡夫（Kafka, K）最早提出的“群体动力理论”（group dynamics）。
阅读格式卡 Date： Unit ( ) Lesson( ) General idea： Contents： Comment：
Ⅰ. Multiple choice
1. — A ship makes me unforgettable after I saw a famous movie.
— Do you mean the ship, Titanic, ______ sank after hitting an iceberg?
A. who B. which C. whose D. where
2. — Do you know Zhang Heng?
— Is he the man _______ made the earliest seismograph in 132?
A. who B. he C. whose D. which
3. Flora, _______ garden was swallowed by the flood, was crying.
A. who B. that C. whose D. where
4. On the top of Leshan, there is a really big Buddha, in front ________ Wei Bin took photos of us.
A. its B. on which C. from which D. of which
5. — Three young school boys were ______ by the water when swimming on a hot afternoon!
— What a bad accident!
A. swallowed B. swept C. got D. caught
6. The lamplight ______ out through the heavy fog, which gave travelers a light of hope.
A. struggled B. dragged C. turned D. found
7. On October 17th, 1989 a strong earthquake _____ San Francisco and killed over 100 people.
A. advanced B. took place C. struck D. seized
8. Look, the baby lion, which was just born two days ago, is trying to ______ its feet.
A. get on B. get onto C. get up D. get in
9. Trees ______ badly during the terrible storm.
A. pulled B. shook C. destroyed D. flowed
10. Tree after tree was ______ by the water, which must have been three metres.
A. cut up B. cut down C. cut off D. cut in
Ⅱ. Cloze test
What an unforgettable day! At the moment Flora was so surprised at the big _11_ of water which was advancing quickly towards her in her garden that she couldn’t move. Jeff rushed to seize her arm and they ran together to the house. _12 they got to the house, the waves _13_ them down twice. Jeff pulled Flora up with a lot of difficulty, _14_ onto a tree that grew against the wall. The water, _15_ was cold as ice and flowed faster than a river, was above her knees. They looked into each other’s faces, _16_.
The chance of being rescued was slim. They opened the door to the hall and got the chance to climb _17_ to the second floor. The water moved up like a sea. Flora started crying. The house would fall down!
They had to find the 18_ because it would stand. Jeff looked out of the window. Tree after tree _19_. The garden was completely destroyed, swept away by the wild water. A terrible noise went through the house. Before the whole house went down in the _20_, they saw the chimney.
11. A. group B. collection C. mass D. crowd
12. A. Before B. After C. Until D. Once
13. A. cut B. swept C. pulled D. went
14. A. cracking B. flowing C. holding D. catching
15. A. which B. it C. that D. where
16. A. frightened B. surprised C. relieved(松口气) D. excited
17. A. downstairs B. upstairs C. above D. under
18. A. tree B. hall C. tower D. chimney
19. A. swept away B. swallowed C. went down D. pulled down
20. A. storm B. flood C. earthquake D. fire
Ⅲ. Translation. Put the Chinese into English to complete the following sentences.
21. The climate ___________________________(全球的科学家们在担心的) is becoming warmer and warmer.
22. We feel as if the earth were in the greenhouse ______________________(由玻璃做成的).
23. The scientist ___________________________(他的研究是关于温室气体的) is doing an experiment.
24. We find it hard to find an interesting place__________________________(那里天气不
会太热的) in Africa.
25. People ______________________(生活在沙漠地区的)lead a hard life.
26. Pollution, _______________________(给人类带来重大灾难的), is said to be one of the main causes of global warming.
21. (that/which) scientists all over the world are worrying about
22. that/which is made of glass
23. whose research is about greenhouse gases
24. where it is not too hot
25. who live in the desert
26. which brings man terrible disasters
单元名称 Unit _______ 失分 错解题号 错解原因 仍存疑点 对策 ５、 任务型活动：配图说明。找出记一次外出游玩的系列照片，制成小册，配以英语说明，然后全班展示。