1. Learn how to describe people in English.
2. Improve the students’ abilities of listening and speaking.
Step 1 presentation
People often admired great persons, especially great women. Why? It has often said that life is difficult as it is. For women it sometimes twice as difficult. That is, it is more difficult t for women to become famous or get jobs in high positions. What do you think?
Step 2 warming up
1. Ask the students to look at the pictures of the four great women and tell who they are?
2. Divide the students into small groups to discuss the questions given.
Step 3 listening
1. Listen to the tape and fill in the form.
2. Listen to the tape again and do true-or-false exercises.
Step 4 speaking
Look at the pictures and tell what kind of people they are by using the words and useful expressions given.
1. Work in groups and play a game of question-and –answer only by answering “yes” or “no”.
2. Finish off the exercises in the workbook.
3. Talk about a great women you admire and explain why.
1. That house is ____. There is nothing in it now.
2. Your uncle is not _____ about this money. He is very ____ to buy you that expensive car for your birthday.
3. The new employee was ____ and quick to learn.
4. He was so ____ that he can move such a heavy stone easily.
8. In the past, the Chinese people lived a ____ life.
1. empty 2. mean; generous 3. smart 4. tense 5. hardworking 6. blind 7. strong 8. miserable