1. Lean) to interview a person.
2. To train the abilities of talking in English.
3. To learn some useful expressions in the interviewing.
Step I Presentation
Today we are going to learn how to interview somebody. Give an example to the students by asking an excellent student to help.
Get the students to read and practice the dialogue in the text.
Step 2 Work in pairs
Ask one student play the part of a journalist the other a circus down. Make up a dialogue referring to the questions and pictures.
Step 3 practice
Practice the useful expressions in pairs first, and then act out at class using dialogues or making sentences.
Play the tape for the students to listen and follow.
Do a little quiz by speaking.
1. ----John sends his best wishes.
A. That’s nice of him B. Oh, he is too police
C. It’s kind of him to say so D. You are really kind to me
2. ---- What do you think sally is like?
A. isn't in good health B. doesn’t’ like eating too much
C. likes to eat fish D. is very pretty
3. ---- Do you mind my taking this seat?
A. Yes, sit down please B. No, of course not
C. Yes, take it please D. No, you can't take it
4. -----Leaving for Chicago?
A. Soon B. Lately
C. Late D. Sooner
5. -------Excuse me, have you got a light?
______. I don’t smoke.
A. Don’t mention B. Never mind
C. I'm afraid not D. Thanks a lot
1. A 2.D 3.B 4.A 5.C