文件 high1 unit20.doc
ink come out throw away
metal pot form at the same time
development print printing press method lightly
unknown everyday net fishing net sheet
describe steam L.77
bamboo Middle East Spain
George Stephenson engine rocket L.77
1. In the beginning they used to carve Chinese Characters on stones to record important dates in history.
in the beginning :起初
①In the beginning, there was no paper nor pen, nor ink. People recorded information by carving.
②In the beginning of my teaching career, I met many difficulties.
2. But later, people developed a way of printing, using rocks.
①It’s very easy to solve such problems, using computers.
②She came back late yesterday, feeling very tired.
3. How did the printing come out? 印刷的文字是怎样显出来的呢？
come out 印刷，出版。
①How often does the magazine come out?
②―“Where do the textbooks come out?”──教科书是哪出版的？
―“From People’s Education Press.”──人民教育出版社。
①I came across my English teacher who taught me ten years ago yesterday.
②I came across this valuable book in an old bookstore.
①When did the accident come about?
②It came about in this way.
4. That doesn’t sound like modern printing.
sound like听起来象，类似结构还有：look like, smell like …
①It sounds like American country music.
②Everything on the ground looks like tiny toys when you stand at the top of the mountain.
5. They carved a whole page of characters back-to-front in the wood.
back-to -front “前后倒反”
①The two girls are standing back-to-back. 两个女孩背靠背地站着。
②The two groups had a face-to-face discussion.
6. What was the problem with this method?
①method方法，方式 (way of doing sth )指相当精心拟订的一组方法，并强调实施的效率和精确性。
eg. We are studying a new method of teaching English.
What’s the best method of cooking beef?
②way手段，方法 (manner, how to do sth )比method更为通用，可指单一的技巧也可指复杂的操作方法，还可以指一些人处理某一问题所采用的特殊方法。
eg. Do it (in )this way. 照这样做。
There are many ways of doing it.
7. After you printed the book, you had to throw away the carved pieces of wood.
eg.①These old books are valuable. Don’t throw them away.
②Let’s throw these old furniture away; we should get new ones.
8. What did people use for keeping records in the past.
(1)keep a record 作记录 keep a diary 记日记 keep promise 守约 keep rules守规则 keep
eg. ①It’s good for you to keep a diary every day
②Every one should keep promise.
(2) in the past在过去，以往。反义词是：in the future.
eg. ①People used to light rooms with oil lamps in the past. Now they use electricity.
②They suffered too much in the past, but now they live a happy life.
9. The Chinese have been making paper for two thousand years.
have been doing现在完成时，表示一个动作从过去某时开始，一直延续到说话时还在继续进行，或可能继续下去，常与表示一段时间的状语连用，如：for two hours, since early morning, these few days等。
eg. ①It has been raining for three days.
②We have been waiting for almost an hour.
10. As a result of this invention, much is known about Chinese history because records were kept on paper. 由于这项发现，很多东西被记载在纸上，中国的历史更多的被世人所了解。
eg. ①Much of the time was wasted.
②In much of China, spring is usually very short.
11. As there was no paper in these countries, no records were kept.
①As he was ill, he didn’t go to school.
②As you are tired, you’d better rest.
③He reads as he goes along.
④Do as you are told.
⑤The work is not so easy as you imagine.
⑥As a League member, I’ll take the lead.
⑦As anybody can see, this elephant is like a snake.
12. The problem was that it was to valuable for everyday use.
everyday: adj. 每天的 every day adv. 每天
eg. ①Cooking meals. is her everyday job. 烧菜做饭是她的日常生活。
②everyday English日常英语 everyday life 日常生活
③Her job is cooking meals every day.
13. This kind of paper was soft and light as silk but much less expensive.
as…as如…一样 as white as snow洁白如雪 as strong as a horse气壮如牛
①I’m sure he is fit for the work. He’s as strong as a horse.
②Everyone hates him; his death is as light as feather.
It was a strange noise (1) made the man (2) his car after he left a country village for London. He got out of the car and examined the wheels carefully, but as he found (3) he continued his way.
The noise began again almost immediately and now it was louder than ever. The man turned his head quickly and saw a great black cloud (4) the car. When he stopped at a village (5) , he was told that a queen bee (6) in his car as there were (7) bees nearby. So he drove away (8) and thought it would be the best way to escape. After an hour’s (9) , he arrived in London. He parked his car outside a hotel and went in to have a drink. It was not long (10) a man who had seen him arrive hurried in to tell him that his car (11) with bees. The poor man rang up the police and explained what had happened. The police decided to call a bee-keeper. In a short time, the bee-keeper arrived. He found the (12) passenger (13) near the wheels at the back of the car. Very gladly, the Keeper took the queen and her thousands of followers home in a large box.
(1) A. who B. which C. that D. this
(2) A. to stop B. stop C. stopping D. stopped
(3) A. something wrong B. nothing wrong
C. anything wrong D. wrong nothing
(4) A. follow B. following C. to follow D. followed
(5) A. far B. farthest C. further on D. nearer
(6) A. must be hidden B. could be hidden C. should be hidden D. hidden
(7) A. thousand B. thousands C. thousands of D. thousand of
(8) A. as quick as possible B. as quickly as possibly
C. as quickly as possible D. as quickly as impossible
(9) A. drive B. driving C. to drive D. drove
(10) A. when B. before C. as D. after
(11) A. covering B. covered C. was covered D. to be covered
(12) A. welcome B. unwelcome C. unhappy D. unfair
(13) A. hide B. hidden C. to be hidden D. be hidden
答案：B、 B、 B、 B、 D、 A、 C、 C、 B、 B、 C、 C、 A
时间： 2008-08-03 栏目： 高一英语教案