1.Review Lesson 66.
2.Study the present continuous passive voice.
Say “Tell me about the milu deer”.
1.What happened in Ming and Qing periods?
2.What did the Duke of Bedford do?
3.What would people like to do with the milu deer in some places in England?
4.Where are the milu deer usually kept in China?
5. What is the people’s hope for the milu deer?
Step II Lead in
Say to the students: Listen carefully. There are a lot of milu deer in England. Some are being sent to China. In China, the deer are being studied by scientists. More and more deer are being set free year by year.
Say the sentences again and get the students to repeat them.
Step III Language focus
Write two of the sentences on the blackboard.
1. In China, the deer is being studied by scientists.
2. More milu deer are being moved to a new large nature park.
Point out the form of the Present Continuous Passive Voice:
be + being + Past Participle
Explain these sentences are used:
A. to be more scientific
B. when the doer is not important, or unknown
C. when we want to highlight the object of the active sentence
In sentence 1, we want to highlight the deer. We would say, in China, scientists are studying the deer.
In sentence 2, it is unknown or unimportant who are moving the deer to a new large nature park.
Old drill. Get the students to transform active sentences into passive ones, e.g.
They are looking after the deer in three centres.
They are sending more deer to China.
They are setting free many deer.(etc.)
Step V Practice
SB Lesson 67, Part 2. Teach the meaning of report and protect. Do one or two examples with the whole classs., then get the Ss to work alone. Let the Ss check the answers in pairs.
1.Money is being collected for the nature project.
2.A report is being written about wildlife in China.
3.Some animals are not being protected well enough.
4.A sick milu deer is being kept alive at the center (by scientists).
5.A new lake is being made in the park.
6.The buildings are being painted at present.
7.More wildlife research centers are being built.
Step VI Pairwork
SB Lesson 67, Part 3. Go through the exercise with the whole class and check that they form the questions correctly. Pairwork: Student A asks the questions. Student B answers. Then change roles. If time is limited, A should ask the first set of questions for B to answer, and then B asks the second set of questions for A to answer.
Step V II Workbook
Do Part 2, Part 3 Practice and all the exercises on Page 61
Step VIII Exercises
1. Fifty more milu deers will be brought to the new nature park next month.
2. Since then, the number of pandas was greatly increased in Sichuan Province.
3. We hoped each other the best of luck in the examination.
4. The boy they are looking for was disappeared.
5. The boy grows tall year after year.
1. Some wild animals should be well._________ (保护)
2. I told her what I thought of her ________(表演).
3. More milu deer are being moved to a new large _________(大自然) park and there the life of the milu is being studied.
4. He said good-bye to us and then _________(消失) in the crowds.
5. He was said to work in our company but I didn’t see him till ________(最近).
6. My grandma is more _________(活泼) than a lot of young people.
7. After the accident, the traffic was ________ (完全地) stopped.
8. Over nine-tenths of the inhabitants _________(属于) to the Han nationality.
9. My wife and I have _________(相似的) tastes in music.
10. Travel will _________(增加) one’s knowledge of the world.
I.1. deers―deer 2. was―has 3. hoped―wished 4. was 去掉
II.1. protected 2. performances 3.nature 4.disappeared
5.recently 6. lively 7. completely 8. belong 9. similar
Finish the Workbook exercises.