Lesson 75 教学设计方案
1. Study the second part of the story.
2. Go through attributive clauses with relative pronoun whose
Step 1 Revision
Ask the students to say something about the first part of the story according to the main idea of each paragraph.
1. Who was Mr. King and where he worked?
2. The accident.
3. In the hospital.
4. The secret was out.
5. Mr. King’s reason for the secret.
Step 2 Reading
1. Ask the students to read the text quickly.
2. Get the students to find out the main ideas of the first 3 paragraphs.
(1) What the company did the next day and why?
(2) Mr. Little’s opinion about Mr. King’s matter.
(3) Mr. Pattis’ opinion about the matter.
3. Ask the students to infer the company’s final decision; Let Mr. King stay there.
Step 3 Listening
Listen to the tape and then work in pairs to finish Ex. 1, 2 in the workbook.
Step 4 Language points
Deal with the language points in the text:
discuss the problem/the matter make a decision
tell a lie for a moment
not have somebody doing = not allow somebody to do. . .
Step 5 Grammar
This is the boy whose father/mother/brother/sister is a worker.
This is the girl whose leg/arm/hand/foot/head was hurt.
This is the house whose window is broken.
Step 6 Practise
Language study of part 3
1. Get the students to join the sentences by using “whose”.
2. Ask the students to tell the differences between the following sentences:
(1) I know the person whose company produces new machines,
(2) I know the person, whose company produces new machines.
(3) I know the person, and his company produces new machines.
Step 7 Exercise
Do Ex.3,4,5 on Page 71.
1. It is easy to use a short-wave radio to ______________ (收听) the programmes.
2. _____________(使我们失望的是) , he wasn’t chosen our monitor.
3. One can’t learn a foreign language well_____________ (如果……不) he studies hard.
4. I’m going to start early _____________ (以便) I can catch the first bus.
5. Our new neighbour _____________ (访问) us as soon as they moved here.
1. In my opinion, there will not be any chance for him.
I _____________ _____________ that there _____________ be _____________ chance for him.
2. It seems that it’s harder for women to get a job in that company.
It seems ______________ ______________ for women _____________ _____________ a job in that company.
3. The teacher was surprised to find some flowers on the table when she opened the door.
_____________ _____________ ______________, the teacher found some flowers on the table when she opened the door.
4. It is so hot that we don’t want to go out.
It is _____________ a hot day ______________ we don’t want to go out.
5. This afternoon I will ask the barber to cut my hair shorter.
This afternoon I will ______________ my hair _____________ shorter.
I. 1. pick up 2. To our disappointment 3. unless 4. so that 5. called on
II. 1. don’t, think; will; any 2. more, difficult; to, get 3. To, her, surprise 4. such; that 5. have; cut