Lesson 82 教学设计方案
1. Study this lesson and know the way how learn foreign languages Karl Marx.
2. The students are trained to improve their reading ability and comprehension.
Step 1 Pre-reading activity
Let the students talk about the picture and say something about Karl Marx.
Step 2 Fast reading
1. Ask the students, to read the text quickly and do some True or False questions according to the text:
(1) Karl Marx was horn in Belgium. (F)
(2) He was forced to leave his homeland when he was young. (T)
(3) Marx made such rapid progress in English that Engels telephoned him and praised him for it. (F)
(4) Marx was good at learning foreign languages. (T)
(5) In one of his books, Marx gave some advice on how to learn English. (F)
Step 3 Intensive reading
1. Listen to the tape.
2. Answer the questions in Workbook Lesson 82, Part 1.
Step 4 Deal with some difficult sentences
1. He made such rapid progress that before long he began to write articles it English for an American newspaper.
2. However, he went on to explain that he was not sure about two things ― the grammar and some of the idioms.
3. In the 1870s, when Marx wag already in his fifties, he found it important to study the situation in Russia, so he began to learn Russian.
4. When they use the foreign languages, they should try to forget all about their own.
Step 5 Practise
Read the text and choose the best answer to each question.
1. Marx was forced to leave Germany __________.
A. when he was in his fifties B. when he was young
C. in the year 1849 D. because he made London the base for his revolutionary work.
2. When Mars. came to England, he ____________.
A. knew little English B. knew some English
C. didn't know any English, but he knew French
D. knew English quite well
3. Engels wrote to Marx and praised him for his good English after he __________.
A. read Marx’s letters to him
B. received Marx’s letters to him
C. read Marx’s articles in an American newspaper
D. read the great works The Civil War in France
4. Choose the right order of the following events.
a. Marx received his doctor s degree.
b. He and his wife had to move from one country to another
c. He went to high school.
d. He began writing articles for a newspaper.
e. He mole The Civil War in France.
f. He learned Russian by himself.
A. a, c, b, d, e, f B. (;, a, d, b, e, f
C. c, a, b, d, f, e 1). b, a, c, d., e, f
5. The last paragraph of the passage mainly tells us ________.
A. that London was Marx s revolutionary base
B. how Marx began hi& revolutionary work when he was young
C. why Marx began to work hard at foreign language
D. why Marx lived an unsettled life in his early life
6. Which of the following best shows us that Marx was able to use English freely?
A. He once worked and lived in London for a long time.
B. He wrote The Civil War in France in English.
C. He had been able to write to Engels in English.
D. He had written articles in English for an American newspaper.
7. If we want to use a foreign language freely, we must _______ .
A. learn by heart as many new words as we can
B. first make it clear how to use the grammar and idioms
C. always translate it into our native language first
D. try to forget our native language while we are using it
Step 6 Deal with the language points.
Step 7 Workbook
Finish the exercises in Workbook Lesson 82, Parts 2, 3.
Step 8 Homework
1.Retell the text with your own words.
2.Preparation the Lesson 83.