1. Help the Ss to remember what they have learned in this unit.
2. Finish the listening task.
Step I Revision
1. Check their homework.(if possible, the teacher can show a passage written by one student on the blackboard and ask the others to correct it.)
2. Give a dictation in class.(if possible, after class the teacher can ask one student who often makes many mistakes in the dictation to check the others’ papers, it is good for him/her)
Step II Listening
1. Listen to the tape and answer one question.
What is the water used for ? (2 things)
Answers: (1).to make electricity
(2).to be sent to large cities in England
2. Listen to the tape again and fill in the blanks in the ppt.
3. Listen to the tape again and do the exercise on Page 128.
Step III Test
P32. Part 2. Fill in the blanks.
Step IV Extra work
If possible , the teacher can read English newspapers and get some sentences which use the Past Perfect Tense. Give them to the students and help them to understand.
1.The passengers, who had organized their tour through six Chinese travel agencies from provinces such as Hubei, Guangdong, Guangxi and Shandong, were thrown from their seats.(这是一篇关于中国乘客在越南附近海域遇难的报道)（过去完成时）
2.The yacht had stopped completely. （过去完成时）
3.Li draws attention to the particularly high suicide rate of Chinese women, which is 25 percent higher than that of men.（定语从句）
4.The more easily they are satisfied with themselves and society, the less likely they are to attempt suicide.（句型：the+比较级…,the +比较级….）
5.Zhang says it is common for people to experience a sense of defeat.
（句型：It is adj for sb to do sth.）
6.Like many other US-based airlines, United had a prosperous 1990’s, in which its staff and their wages increased rapidly.（定语从句）
Step V Composition
(1).教学楼 (2).操场 (3).教学楼 (4).操场
Dear Mr Smith,
Dear Mr Smith,
I was so pleased to hear from you and I am writing to tell you somtthing about my school. You are right. Quite a few changes have taken place. On one side of the road there is a new classroom building . On the other side, where the playground used to be now stands another new building―our library. In it there are all kinds of books, newspapers and magazines. The playground is now in front of the school. We have also planted a lot of trees in and around the school. I hope you come and see for yourself some day.
Step VI Homework
1.Finish off the rest of the exercises in the workbook.
2.Prepare for the next unit.