Lesson 94 教学设计方案
1. Study this lesson to know more about farming.
2. Get the students to know about the text by fast reading and intensive reading.
3. Get the students to grasp the main idea of the passage.
4. Get the students to guess the meanings of some key words from the context.
Step 1 Presentation
Look at the pictures and answer the following questions:
Who knows QI Min Yao Shu and its writer?
Do you know about the science of farming in our country?
Step 2 Watch the video
1) What were the people in other countries doing while the farmers in China were developing the science of farming?
2) What book did he write? What is the book about?
Key:1) People in other countries were trying to catch wild animals and birds and were still collecting seeds and nuts while farmers in China were developing the science of agriculture. 2) He wrote a book called Qi Min Yao Shu and the book is about both farming and gardening.
Step 3 Listening
Listening the Lesson 94 twice, Answer the meanings of each paragraph.
Key: China was the earliest research center for agriculture.
Key: Jia Sixie’s research on farming.
Key: Something about the book QI Min Yao Shu..
Step 4 Intensive Reading
Ask the students to read the text again and choose the best answer to each question.
1. What is the main point discussed in the passage?__________
A. The sowing of carrot seeds.
B. The picking of the rest of the cabbages.
C. The weather report on the radio.
D. The farm work.
2. The passage mainly tells us about ________.
A. the science of farming
B. a great farmer in Chinese history
C. the book Qi Min Yao Shu
D. the earliest research center for agriculture
3. According to the book Qi Min Yao Shu, which is right?_________
A. Grow the same plant in the same field for many years.
B. Spring ploughing is deeper than autumn ploughing.
C. Grow different plants always in different field.
D. Do farm work at the correct time.
4. According to Jia Sixie, what was to be done to improve soil condition?_________
A. Clear rough ground. B. Plant wheat close together.
C. Remove weeds in the soil. D. All of the above.
5.Which of the following best explains why Jia Sixie was an important person?__________
A. He was the first man who planted crops together.
B. He knew better how to keep seeds than others.
C. He worked in the government for many years.
D. He was a pioneer in studying agriculture.
Step 5 Fast Reading
Read the passage again, choose which is True or False.
1) He didn't want to work in the government. So he returned home and spent his time on agriculture.
2) He advised the farmers to choose the best seed-heads, which were much bigger than others.
3) After the seeds were sown, they should be knocked out of the seed-heads.
4) He pointed out it was important that wheat should be planted with space between the plants.
5) He did experiments to show his way was better.
6) The book called Qi Min Yao Shu was written over 500 years ago.
Step 6 Practise
Fill in the blanks about introducing Jia Sixie.
Key: in the sixth century A D
Yidu, in Shandong Province
1.ways of keeping seeds 2. how to improve soil conditions
Qi Min Yao Shu
growing vegetables and fruit trees, keeping cows and sheep, and keeping fish in lakes, instructions for making wine.
Step 7 Language Study
I. Deal with some language points.
2) develop v. development n.
3) spend time on sth. ; spend time in doing
4) learn from
6) advise sb. to do , advise that sb. should ( do ) : give advice to
I advise you to leave now.
I advise that you should leave now.
7) point out 8) turn over
1.Jia Sixie did _________ (实验) and showed that his way was better.
2.The __________(说明) for making wine are included in this book.
3.What kind of _________ (蔬菜) do you have for supper?
4. She is a doctor with 30 years’ __________ (经验) .
5.The________ (不平的) road made the car shake.
6.Farmers usually ________(耕)their fields in Spring before sowing seeds.
7.Although the working and living _________(条件)are not satisfying, he' s made up his mind to stay there.
8.In order to grow more vegetables, I want to have more advice on farming and __________(园艺)
Key: 1. experiment 2. instructions 3. vegetable 4. experience 5. rough 6. plough 7. conditions 8. gardening
Step 8 Writing
According to the picture, please describe what they talked together ?
Suggest words: Jia Sixie ,two farmers, choose best seed-head, best colour, hung up to dry ,sow, so on
Step 9 Talking and Speaking
Ask your partner what he /she knows about farming? Talk about these pictures.
A farmer is ploughing the soil . Some farmers are sowing the seeds. Some farmers are working in the terrace
Step 10 Homework
Finish the Workbook exercises.
Retell the passage with your own words.
Prepare the Lesson 95.